Superintendent - Petroleum and Aircraft Fueling Facility Construction
KEAR Civil Corporation is seeking a superintendent to add to our growing aviation fueling and general petroleum facility construction management team. We have immediate long-term opportunities in the Southwest US region for individuals with management experience in the construction of fueling facility projects. Current opportunities include marine fueling, aviation fueling and general petroleum projects.
The successful candidate must have:
- A commitment to excellence and be able to plan, manage, coordinate and execute the Company’s fueling facility projects in the field, while providing administrative expertise to the entire project team.
- Experience managing a construction site, including familiarity with budgets, staffing, work assignments, jobsite organization, subcontractor management (multiple), jobsite safety and work plan preparation.
- Experience directing field personnel to achieve a safe and conforming completion of the project, on schedule, within budget, and in compliance with plans/specs & regulations.
- Experience preparing, maintaining and updating construction schedules.
- Demonstrated experience tracking field productivity and progress.
- Significant experience reviewing all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to formal quotation.
- Must also be able to represent the Company professionally at all times, and maintain positive relationships with clients, owners, subcontractors, vendors and other employees.
- 5+ Years of Superintendent/Site Management experience in the aviation fueling facility construction arena or mechanical/industrial, including a complete understanding of construction documents, means/methods, materials & equipment utilization, productivity, scheduling systems, productivity analysis and site safety requirements.
- Experience with Airport Aviation Fueling Systems and POL systems, including hydrant systems, tank farms, distribution pipelines and all related scopes.
- Experience must include at least 5 years of managing medium sized or larger construction projects related to the aviation fueling / pipeline industry.
- Experience in liquid fuels and fuel terminal operations/maintenance including fuel operational safety.
- Proficiency Computer Skills including Microsoft Office software programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Experience with Primavera or Microsoft Scheduling Software a plus.
- Travel is required.
- Security badging will be required.
Construction Quality Control Manager
KEAR Civil Corporation is seeking an experienced Construction Quality Control Manager (CQCM) to add to our Federal Government construction project team. The CQCM is responsible for planning, implementing, enforcing and managing quality control processes for KEAR's DOD Construction projects.
1. Assist in preparing proposal technical approach and cost related to Quality Program implementation.
2. Prepare Quality Control Project Plans, including Definable Features of Work, inspection requirements, and testing plan. Prepare appropriate, targeted field forms associated with this Plan.
3. Ensure compliance with submittal requirements,including maintaining submittal logs, tracking review/approval/re-submittal,and review of technical submittals as required based on subject matter expertise.
4. Assist project team in preparing RFI's as necessary.
5. Implement field 3-phase Quality Control process in accordance with USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors training.
6. Document field quality deficiencies, and track via Deficiency Log through closeout.
7. Build and lead a QC team of subject matter experts to execute successful job specific QC programs.
8. Work with field team to understand the timing and rationale for quality “hold points” for inspection and testing. Plan with the field team to effectively implement the inspection and testing plan.
9. Complete targeted Daily Quality Control Reports,minutes of Preparatory and Initial Phase meetings, and reports of deficiencies.The focus must be on features of the work inspected and tested and the results of those inspections/testing, not field productivity.
10. Report the status of quality program implementation to Quality Assurance Manager, with copies to PM and Site Superintendent.
11. Based on experience and expertise, assist project team in resolving outstanding quality concerns. Troubleshoot and problem solve as required on all projects.
12. Qualified applicants must have a proven track record of meeting production, quality and customer service standards in a fast paced construction environment.
- 5+ years experience working on government projects (DLA preferred).
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management. Specific CQCM experience may be submitted in lieu of degree.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Current Certification in USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of and proficient use of the USACE QCS (RMS) System
KEAR Civil Corporation (KCC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KCC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. KCC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.